cognizant recruitment for freshers: This is cognizant recruitment for freshers’ job as Manager-Projects. Applicants are invited for the job. the detailed requirement and applying process are discussed further in the article.
Cognizant is an American multinational corporation that provides IT services, including digital, technology, consulting, and operations services. It is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States. Cognizant is part of the NASDAQ-100 and trades under CTSH.
cognizant recruitment for freshers:
Science / Engineering Graduate
- Participate in requirement gathering JAD sessions and support documentation where applicable (business, functional, UI, usability, data, compliance, data migration, NFR, 3rd party tools & products).
- Raise clarifications with customer / onsite to eliminate any ambiguity on the scope of work assigned from the Client / Project Co-coordinator.
- track to closure any open clarifications with customer / onsite.
- understand and translate requirements into design.
Design & Analysis:
- Develop a proof of concept as designed by the architect.
- setup development environment for the team to work in.
- break up the modules considering technical aspects.
- Understand the interdependencies of the various components in work packages that are being developed.
- Create design documents with the support of the architects for the assigned scope.
- Work with the architect to understand the architecture of the application, high-level approaches and ensure that the design is in line with the overall direction.
- conduct peer review, as required.
- Organize design review sessions with various stakeholders to validate design is as per requirements.
- Identify the standards applicable to the work packages/components.
- Familiarize the team with development environment and CTS and customer-specific coding standards, guidelines and best practices to be followed through sessions and document sharing.
- Review the code created by the team and provide review comments to the developers.
- develop code for core / critical module(s) needed for the project.
- Contribute towards the development of the framework.
- Develop/ review tier coding, business layer coding, interface development, service development, creation of stored procedures etc as applicable for the work package/project.
- Write efficient queries and understand the logical and physical data models.
- follow up with Developers to ensure integration of components (input/output).
- troubleshoot critical technical issues.
- Handle escalations related to critical technical issues.
- create detailed tasks for the scope and share timelines for the same with the team.
- track the status of the tasks assigned, maintain detailed task information for the work packages owned and do periodic reporting.
- conduct technical review and audit.
- Create quality checkpoints for all deliverables.
- Estimate at task level in the area of work concerned, measure and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and ensure task progress reporting in C20 or any other applicable tool.
- Prepare and report status for the scope responsible.
- conduct peer reviews in the coding and testing phase.
- Develop comprehensive unit testing cases for modules developed (as required) and unit test plans.
- execute unit testing.
- Create unit test logs.
- prepare unit test strategy, test plan document and data requirements.
- automate unit testing and contributing to the automation of unit testing.
- Perform developer integration testing by integrating the components developed by each individual team member and ensure that the integration for the teams work has been completed before the next phase of testing (system testing).
- Signoff on test cases created by the team.
- discuss results/actions from NFR testing and sign off on the same for system testing / NFR.
- Participate in defect triage meetings with the team and confirm the defects identified, highlight any new change request to the agreed scope and identify actions to reduce defects.
- Monitor rework carried out on the code based on review comments from code review/defects raised in unit testing, peer testing, SIT, UAT testing or any other relevant testing phase for core / critical modules.
- Follow up with the team to close out on the defects.
- identify ways to prevent defects.
- Participate in the transition of knowledge and to support organization with any defects raised post-production as required.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
- Create a training plan for the team as identified in the training plan for the project.
- Plan and participate in innovation sessions.
- identify and implement innovative processes to reduce manual intervention and improve productivity based on technology and domain expertise.
- Prepare business case to quantify process improvement (efforts saved etc).
- Identify/ evaluate opportunities for value-adds and implement value-adds for the project.
- Participate in front end delivery audit(s).
- highlight and identify technical risks to the project manager.
- Contribute towards updating knowledge assets, user manual, online help document, installation scripts and installation manual and leverage the same.
- Support process audit activities.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions for new joiners in the project team.
- conduct training through academy (if approved).
- Guide and mentor team junior members from a technical perspective to ensure quality delivery of the components.
- Engage with the team.
- resolve conflict within the team.
- Define the team’s goals.
- set performance expectations.
- conduct appraisals.
- set stretch targets and track performance against the same periodically.
- Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
- create training plans for the team.
- Conduct technical evaluation for building the team and share inputs with supervisor/project manager.
- Video Endpoints
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through
To Apply: this link.
For more details, click the link below.
Manager-Projects at Cognizant, Noida
Also refer this: IIT Roorkee organized Online Training Program on Full Stack Web Development