DST Govt. of India Recruitment: Applicants invited for the job post of The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India invites proposals from prospective principal investigators for the Biomedical Device & Technology Development Program 2020. The detailed eligibility and applying process further given below in the article.
So The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. Also, It was established in May 1971 to promote new areas of science and technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organizing, coordinating, and promoting Scientific and Technological activities in the country. It gives funds to various approved scientific projects in India. It also supports various researchers in India to attend conferences abroad and to go for experimental works.
DST Govt. of India Recruitment:
So As The Department of Science and Technology has initiated a program on Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD) during the year, 2016. Also, it has been evolved considering the concern of the medical device industry to develop new innovative products as per global standards. Moreover, The focus of DST- BDTD is on the development of devices and related technologies. The categories listed for support include under this call include:
- Late-Stage Prototype Development (Fabrication of compact prototype for testing and validation).
- Pilot Scale Testing and validation: (Upon completion of the technology’s design, fabrication final testing with a limited number of prototypes) with mandatory (manufacturer) industry participation.
Following areas have been identified for the development of innovative devices:
- Firstly Medical devices for early detection of women’s diseases: Breast cancer detection using non-invasive, non-ionizing radiation techniques; Ovarian diseases, ovarian cancer, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, cancers of uterus and cervix; Early detection of various common cartilage and bone diseases.
- Secondly Maternal health panel: Devices that monitor maternal health issues including – Anaemia, Folic acid deficiency, Gestational diabetes, Hypertension, Pre-eclampsia, Eclampsia, Urinary tract infections, etc.
- Thirdly Devices related to brain monitoring and non-invasive gadgets used during surgery or treatments.
- Fourthly Point-of-care devices for diagnosis of viral diseases: Respiratory illnesses, including Coronavirus, Influenza virus, and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) infections; Diarrhoeal diseases, including Rotavirus infections; Liver diseases by hepatotropic viruses including Hepatitis A, B, C, and E; Vector-borne viral illnesses, including Dengue, Japanese encephalitis, Chikungunya.
- Last Rapid/ POC test devices for diagnosis of microbial diseases and microbial drug resistance.
So the Financial support provided only for temporary staff salaries, equipment, consumables, domestic travel, and other miscellaneous items. No support is provided towards basic infrastructure, building, and International travel.
Call for Proposals
To submit your proposals online, click here.
The investigators/ R&D Group should have adequate experience and expertise in the relevant area of the proposal. A Clinician from a reputed hospital should be a part of the investigating team as Co-PI. The bioengineering products without any electronic component, hospital consumables and chemicals, implants and implantable devices, biomaterials development, standalone software, and application development, telemedicine modules are beyond the scope of this call.
Dr. Anita Aggarwal, Scientist E
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
Call for Proposals: Biomedical Device & Technology Development Program by DST, Govt. of India
You Must also show interest in: IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2020 As Senior Project Officer And JRF