IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment 2020: Applicants invited for the job post for Research Associate in Data-driven E-Commerce Order Fulfilment for the year 2020. The detailed eligibility and applying process further given below in the article.
So Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Also It’s consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. Moreover The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment 2020:
About the Project
- As e-commerce continues to grow, the logistics of moving products along; the last leg from warehouses to end-customers has become more important and more complex. The market is highly competitive, volumes increase and customers expect faster, on-demand deliveries, 7 days a week.
- As of 2022, the USA e-commerce retail market expected; to grow to a staggering US$ 638 billion, from US$ 409 billion in 2017. Similar growth rates reported for Europe and several Asian countries. To cope with this growth is expected volume, the capacity of last-mile delivery systems will have to expand significantly.
- The focus of this particular project is on e-fulfillment: a term that collectively denotes warehousing operations, last-mile delivery, and their interdependence. Within the context of e-fulfillment, we study data-driven optimization. The key to this research the question of how data can use to make better decisions. Data from various sources are available in abundance: sensor and tracking data (IoT), demand, traffic and weather forecasts, etc.
- It, however, remains largely unclear how this data can use effectively to improve e-fulfillment. Consequently, the main goal of this project is to develop data-driven optimization techniques to improve efficiency in e-fulfillment, while reducing costs, increasing customer satisfaction, and lowering the ecological impact.
- You must have at least for the project should have completed (or be close to completion of) a Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, or a comparable domain. Fluency in English required.
- Moreover, the candidate must be comfortable in programming languages such as Java/C++ and R/Python. Also, Affinity with Big Data Science, Operations Management, or Econometrics is a plus. Exceptional MSc students in Operations Research can also consider.
- Firstly, the candidate will be developing a new methodology Within the context of the project, and which typically involves Mathematical programming (Integer and Constraint Programming), Stochastic optimization, as well as Machine learning. Also, This project funded by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Secondly, The research associate candidate expected to pursue scientific research in cooperation with eCommerce companies, and publish research results in scientific journals. This position is based out of Ahmedabad, India. The candidate also participates in the education program and workshops.
How to apply?
So The contract is initially for one year with the potential for extending to another year. Also, all the Interested candidates can apply along with their research profile to latha[at]iima.ac.in before October 31, 2020. [adcode]
You Must also show interest in: IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2020 As Senior Project Officer And JRF