IIT Indore Online Course: The Discipline of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing an Online Course on Micro & Nano Mechanics of Solids: Fundamental & Applications from December 14 to 19, 2020. The detailed eligibility and applying process further given below in the article.
So Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. Also It’s one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
IIT Indore Online Course:
- Firstly, To provide the participants with a working knowledge of microstructure-property relations and molecular modeling of nanostructures.
- Secondly, To provide the participants with a working knowledge of the various tools and techniques needed to characterize and design heterogeneous materials using both micro and nano-mechanics techniques.
- Thirdly, To introduce the participants to practical problems of micro-and nano-mechanics, and their solutions, through case studies and live projects.
- Fourthly, To provide the participants with the training of use of GNU General Public License-based simulation tools needed for quantitative nanomechanical characterization of structures.
- The first part of the course shall include Fundamentals of equations of elasticity; Basics of the solid continuum: kinematics of deformation, the kinetics of solid continuum and material symmetry; Fundamentals of weak formulations; Fundamentals of micro-macro concepts: Average strain and stress theorems, the Hill-Reuss-Voigt bounds, classical micro-macro mechanical approximations, and micro-geometrical manufacturing idealizations; Aim of micromechanics; Homogenization; Representative volume element; Eigenstrains; Inclusions, inhomogeneities, cracks, and dislocations; Micromechanics of composites; Different micromechanical techniques for predicting thermomechanical behavior of solids.
- The second part of the course shall include modules on useful concepts in molecular modeling; Basics of atomistic, interatomic potentials and lattice defects; Multiscale modeling; Atomistic elasticity: Linking atoms and continuum; Structural mechanics of carbon-based and boron nitride-based nanomaterials.
- The course shall also include problem-solving sessions on the listed topics as well as lab modules on the modeling of carbon-based as well as boron nitride-based nanostructures. A number of basic research studies from advanced materials will be presented in detail.
Who can Attend?
- All teachers of degree level technical/ engineering Colleges/ Institutions/ Universities are eligible to attend this course.
- For other participants from any Inst/ Organization: UG in Science/ Engineering Degree with basic training on computer systems.
- No fee for faculty participants from AICTE approved Colleges/ Institutes/ Universities.
- The fee is ₹ 2500 for teachers and non-teachers from other government organizations.
- The fee is ₹ 5000 for participants from private organizations.
Registration fee can be paid through NEFT/ IMPS to the below A/c number: Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, IIT Indore; Name of Bank: Canara Bank; Branch: Simrol, Indore; Account No. 1476101027440; IFSC Code: CNRB0006223. To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To register online, click here.
The last date to register is December 11, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You Must also show interest in HCL Technologies Recruitment 2020 As Associate